Teacher Terms and Policies - Rob to review
- Teachers agree to use LessonWOWfactor for its intended purposes. This includes the purchase and sale of lessons and conducting lessons over the online platform. Using the platform for any other purposes violates the agreement, and can be punishable by law or refusal of access.
- LessonWOWfactor operators can refuse access to the website at any time for violating the terms of agreement.
(the teacher) are responsible for any activities in relation to your account.
Any unauthorized use of your account must be reported immediately to ensure the
safety and privacy of all involved. Your account may be closed at any time for
violating this agreement or to prevent any unauthorized use.
have access to and may review any activity on your account at any time. This
includes scheduling, messages and lessons in session. We are able to log in at
any time to ensure teachers are not violating any part of this agreement.
applying to teach for LessonWOWfactor, teachers will undergo an interview
process. The applicant must provide:
a. 3 or more years of teaching experience
b. Music degree(s) and a minimum of 10 years playing the instrument intended to teach
c. A criminal record check through Canadian police authorities
- Teachers and applicants are responsible for providing their own criminal record checks, either by e-mailing, faxing or otherwise delivering an up-to-date copy, or through www.mybackcheck.com. If background check does not comply with our requirements, you will be refused access to the platform and unable to teach with us.
use and content includes, but is not limited to:
a. Hateful or harmful content toward any cultures, races, genders, sexual orientation, ages and others
b. Harassment to any users, or promotion of poor behaviour toward any users
c. Presenting yourself in a false or otherwise untrue manner. This includes claims of copyright and any misleading information presented
d. Providing passwords to any restricted or protected areas of the site
e. Exploitative sexual or otherwise malicious material to any persons, regardless of age
- At any point, an operator from LessonWOWfactor may log in to your video lesson with a student to monitor behaviour, and may record any activity happening at this time. We reserve the right to record and use video as we need.
- Students may also record lessons at any time, to improve their learning experience. It is up to the teacher to conduct the lesson in an appropriate way and be aware that any misconduct may be recorded and reports of misconduct will be taken extremely seriously. Any misconduct will be reported to appropriate authorities if required by law.
- Only teachers are held responsible for interactions during lessons. Under NO circumstances will a teacher offer to meet a student in person, unless approved by the LessonWOWfactor office, and any meeting must take place in the office under supervision.
- LessonWOWfactor administration does not provide supervision or direction to teachers in regards to lessons. It is up to the teacher to prepare lessons and provide them to students. The operator is not responsible for any errors or misrepresentations. Teachers are considered independent contractors and are not employees of LessonWOWfactor.
- Teachers are responsible for their own scheduling; this means teachers must provide their own availability for students to choose lesson times. Punctuality is important to ensure scheduled lessons are completed on time. Lessons must not run longer than scheduled, and teachers will not be paid for additional time unless previously scheduled or discussed.
- Payments are provided every second and fourth Friday of each month. Teachers may receive payments via cheque or PayPal. Operators are not responsible for any fees from third-party website for depositing teacher paycheques. Teachers will be paid XX% of each lesson price.
- This agreement can change at any time. We may remove, add or make changes to any portion of any agreements on the website. Teachers, parents and students will be notified any time there is a change to these documents. We will send notifications using the e-mail address you provided when signing up, therefore it is important for you to notify us if this changes.